- About Us
- What we Offer
- High School
- Grad Requirements - At a Glance
- Highschool for Registered Homeschoolers
- Individualized Courses
- Language Arts 10
- Mathematics 10
- Physical Education 10
- Science 10
- Social Studies 10
- Possible Grade 10 Elective courses
- English 11
- Mathematics 11
- Physical Education 11
- Science 11
- Social Studies 11
- Possible Grade 11 Elective courses
- Creative Writing 12
- English 12
- Mathematics 12
- Science 12
- Social Studies 12
- Physical Education 12
- Possible Grade 12 Elective courses
- Blended Classroom/DL Courses
- Online Courses
- Advanced Placement
- Missions Opportunities
- Provincial Exam Prep
- High School Classes and Activities
Privacy of Information Policy
PIPA, British Columbia’s own legislation, regulates the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information to private organizations, and it applies to independent school authorities. It came into effect in January 2004. Read PIPA (Bill 38).
RCOA realizes that, as a DL school to students learning at home, we have a unique access to homes, family dynamics and other aspects of each family’s personal lives due to the nature of our work. We have therefore resolved
- Not to collect, use, or disclose personal information without the consent of the individual (unless otherwise permitted under the Act)
- When information is collected, RCOA will disclose to the individual the purposes for the collection.
- RCOA will only collect, use or disclose information for the purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances and that fulfill the purposes of the Independent Schools Act.
- Students, parents and staff of RCOA will have the right to access their own personal information held by RCOA.
- Teacher to student and student to student email and Internal messaging through RCOA’s computer system and online courses will be monitored and the same will be deemed needful and appropriate for the protection from potential harassment.
- Online Application Forms will clearly ask for permission to use information collected for purposes of newspaper articles, sports releases, etc…
- RCOA designates Mr. Langley, the principal of RCOA, as the officer responsible for compliance with PIPA, and to respond to complaints regarding the application of PIPA.